Headaches are a common symptom that are often associated with neck and upper back spinal misalignments or imbalances. Many people have experienced some level of headache, ranging from mild or annoying tension-type headaches, to severe, debilitating migraine headaches. These types of headaches can prevent you from enjoying your day to day activities and even render you unable to work or do basic daily tasks. Regardless of severity, headaches almost always diminish your quality of life.
Common causes of headaches may include the following:
- Spinal or vertebral misalignment
- Pinched nerves
- Herniated or bulged discs
- Poor neck posture, including sleep position
- Working at a desk or computer
- Prolonged use of a tablet or smartphone
- Motor vehicle accidents, including whiplash injuries
- Hormonal imbalances
- Dietary triggers or improper nutrition
- Old or new injuries to the neck, face, or head
- Concussion injuries, including acute, chronic, or multiple concussions
- Neck arthritis or joint and disc degeneration
- Sinus pressure or infection
Symptoms may include the following:
- Pain in the back, side, or front of the head
- Visual changes, including light sensitivity or "floaters" in vision
- Restricted or painful range of motion
- Band-like pressure around the head
- TMJ or jaw pain
- Pounding sensation
- Changes in hearing
- Facial pain, tingling, or numbness
How can I treat my headache?
The good news for those who suffer from headache pain is that care at Chuppe Chiropractic can often alleviate or eliminate headaches. In fact, for headaches associated with spinal issues, chiropractic care is generally viewed as the most effective treatment. Additionally, chiropractic care can bring relief without the use of drugs or medication to mask over the pain. At Chuppe Chiropractic, we offer gentle cranial therapy and TMJ adjusting, to help alleviate headache, migraine, and jaw pain. In conjunction with chiropractic care, lifestyle modifications, and proper nutrition can be effective in treating and managing headaches.
See the Chuppe Chiropractic Difference!